Womyn

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 § 1

Today, during my English class, we were having a discussion about gender roles in Jane Eyre (which I should be reading right now)

On the board, my teacher made a ven diagram with a woman side, man side, and the place in the middle. (We all thought this was funny) One of the kid’s in my class, changed the “a” in Woman to a “y”. This is because the standard “woman” has man in it, and that shows that woman is dependent on man to define it. (at least that’s what I got from it). This is according to some feminist philosopher who’s name I can’t remember. But, moving on, our English teacher challenged us to create a “meme” out of this. A meme is a “a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.” According to dictionary.com. I thought this was interesting, feel free to do with it whatever you want.

What's this?

You are currently reading Womyn at Kyle Albert's Blog.

meta

§ 1 Response to “Womyn”

  • Anonymous says:

    hello kyle! this is emily and the cast of cinderella! i think that you are a geek for making a blog because it is SUPER random!
    <3 love ya

§ Leave a Reply