College

Friday, November 20, 2009 § 2

I’ve kind of started freaking out over college again. It’s not super rational, cause I’m not even going to be applying to colleges until a little less than a year from now.

Instead of spending time focusing on my homework I’ve been obsessing over college websites, reading all about admission, their academic programs and their campuses. These sites are crazy overwhelming, and increase my stress levels rather than decrease them.

While I’m pretty much totally overwhelmed, I feel like I’ve come to some sort of idea of what I want to major in/do.

At this point in time, I’m planning on applying to business schools. I’m especially interested in programs with an international component, and I think it’s cool that a lot of schools are offering majors or minors in “international business”.

While I’ve changed my career goals a lot, I feel like I’ve finally decided on something that I’d like to do. In chemistry last year, we had projects where we had to “be” a company and pitch our “product” to our “teacher”. While I didn’t enjoy the chemical aspect of that, I loved the business part. I liked working on the presentations and presenting them. I loved working collaboratively with others to achieve a goal.

While I think I’ve figured out what I want to do, I still have to get accepted.

(Hey UPenn and NYU…let me in please?)

And even if I get in, I have to figure out a way to pay for it somehow, but I’m doing my best to try and stay positive.

What's this?

You are currently reading College at Kyle Albert's Blog.

meta

§ 2 Response to “College”

§ Leave a Reply